...I quit smoking. I never smoked cigarettes, so before you go there stop. This has both positive and negative effects for me.
Positives:
1. Ambition, and an overwhelming amount. I had completely forgotten what it's like to want to do something, and then be able to make it happen. Not saying Stoners don't have ambition, but it's greatly stunted, and by the time they get around to making Step 1 hapen, they forgot what they wanted to do all together.
2. Energy... And the ambition makes me use the energy wisely. Again, not saying Stoners don't have energy, I always had an abundance of energy, but now it's...
3. Focused. I remember the license plate of the old Negro who almost hit me on my board today as I'm in the crosswalk (more on that later.) the focus is like the ambition, when I wake up in the morning, the focus allows me to divide my tasks into individual parts, instead of looking at them as one giant hazy blur which will get done at some point.
4. Money... Now goes towards something that will last, instead of going up in smoke. It constantly amazes me a 360 game costs as much an 1/8 of dope. Only, the video game has replay value, has a resale value, and will still me there in a week.
5. Appetite. This one is both a pro and a con. Unlike most Stoners, I had my appetite curbed by smoking on a regular basis. Now that I'm not smoking, I eat 2-3 times as much. I look better (conceited, I know, but it's how I feel and this is my blog. As I've said before, if you don't like it, please go fuck yourself.)
Negatives:
1. I quit smoking cold turkey. This is to be expected, as for me, it's either all or nothing. This itself may not seem like a negative, but you should realize, I started smoking after high school. I waited until I graduated, and then it was about a year until I started smoking on a regular basis. Then, I started smoking like a chimney... So for the past five years, I have been stoned. It's not an exageration, it's truth, and anyone who has known me in the past 5 years will refute this. It's not something I'm proud of, I'm not ashamed, but it's important background info when I talk about quitting cold turkey.You can imagine what I'm going through only if you've been there. This isn't a hard drug, but once you quit, you experience some of the same withdrawl effects other, harder drugs carry with them.
2. Anger! I am naturally a very, very aggressive person. Combine that with my short temper, lack of patience, and ADHD... Voilà! A ticking time-bomb on a Hiroshima level. No joke... I've voiced how angry I can be in blogs past, and that's when I was still smoking. Now I don't have that natural downer, my body and mind tend to act on their own, but not in a good way (more on this later as well.)
3. Drinking... The legal drug. This one is becoming a huge problem quickly. Now I have extra cash flow, my drinking has increased. Little by little, and even though I know most of the bartenders at the establishments I visit, I still pay for others drinks, and shots all around. Sad, pathetic, and something I'm not proud of in the least.
4. Stand-offish. I've been told that I have a Napoleon complex. I stick up for what I believe in, and I absolutely not back down, no matter what. I don't care if it costs me my life.
5. I Just Don't Give A Fuck... About anything, anyone, or any part thereof. Along with being stand-offish, I'm also emotionally unavailable, and this has only been magnified by my recent quit. Oh well, ćest la vie. As I said, I just don't give a fuck.
Now, since I got all of that out, some good things:
I moved into my own place. I have a one-bedroom, basement apartment. It has a seperate entrance, in a house made famous by Roosevelt (I don't know the details, but it was built pre-1900. I also only pay 1000 a month, which is completely unheard of for my area. The downside... I own no furniture whatsoever. I have a bed, and some nightstands in W.Va., but that's 3.5 hours away. Suck.
On a completely seperate note, I met an ex-Marine, who had been stationed in Liberia, suffered a shrapnel explosion to the head. When he woke up, he was in a Catholic church hooked up to an IV, which had not been screened. He is now HIV-positive.
22.5.09
As of late...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment